Brain-based Education: The Good
Teachers should create learning environments that are low in threat and high in challenge.
- Students should be actively engaged in learning and in guiding their own instruction.
- Teachers should teach for meaning and understanding.
- Brain-based educators condemn the factory model of education and favor a constructivist model of learning and teaching.
- Teachers should immerse their students in complex experiences.
- As professionals, teachers should base their practice on research.
- Given their professional experience, teachers are the best judges of what and how research should be applied to their classrooms.